24th May 2022
Bite-sized business news from the UK and beyond
Good morning Forgot your wallet? In Brazil, you can now use your face. Mastercard is currently testing a biometric payment system for retail stores, using facial recognition rather than contactless cards, smartphones or PINs. What could possibly go wrong?
- Does Davos still deliver?
- Moonpig snaps up £124m gift
Does Davos still deliver?
Other stories to keep you in the loop
- UK house prices hit new record high as mortgages outpace rents
- UK on brink of beer bottle shortage amid rising costs, warns wholesaler
- Uber offers discounts up to 50% to celebrate opening of Elizabeth line
- Elon Musk wants a 25% discount on his Twitter bid if 25% of Twitter's users are spam bots
- The Very Group revives IPO plans
- Clifford Chance increases pay for newly qualified lawyers to £125,000
- Airbnb to quit China as lockdowns restrict tourism
Moonpig snaps up £124m gift
Stat of the day
According to the Office for National Statistics, only 10% of Brits forced to work at home during pandemic say they plan to return to the office five days a week
Interesting links from around the web